I’ve rebased the N800 port of Exaile to the latest upstream release. In the process, I tidied up my existing patches and it is marginally more stable now. Here are some of the more noticeable changes:
- the track position is now a progress bar and looks much nicer (upstream)
- the plugin loader works now (upstream)
- the volume slider works better (upstream)
- turned off a lot of my debug output from the previous release
- fixed a bug where a playing track would occasionally stop out of the blue
.debs are here:
Next, I’ll probably work on making the interface a bit prettier, starting with hildon-izing the menus. I’d also like to add Replay Gain support to Exaile at some stage. And of course there are still a few bugs to iron out. There is a TODO file tucked away somewhere in the package with more details on things that need to be done.
BTW, make sure you change the foreground color in the preferences for the OSD notifications. There is some problem setting the background color at the moment which results in the notifications appearing blank. I’ll fix this (at least the default setting) soon.